The Carmel Valley Women's Club Foundation has partnered with The Community Foundation for the Monterey County (CFMC) in order to use the infrastructure and scholarship funds options of the CFMC's "Named Scholarship Fund." A recent Article about CFMC's scholarship program can be found at click here.
The advantages of this partnership are
- Greater efficiency with a single online system to initially screen applicants and to disburse granted funds
- Permits applicants to apply with one application for other scholarships available through organizations partnered with CFMC
- Possible increased funds due to a higher interest rate
- Ensures legal nonprofit compliance,
- Easier for direct donations
- Improves our ability to determine financial need
- Allows the Foundation’s Scholarship Committeeto maintain control of the review process and award determination
The requirements to receive a scholarship from the Foundation are
- Female high school graduate or pending graduate or GED recipient
- Carmel Valley resident living at an address east of Highway 1 in the 93923 or 93924 or who lived in such area while she attended high school
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above
- Active in school activities and/or the Carmel Valley community
- Proof of Enrollment at an accredited college, university, or educational program
- Financial need may be considered
Applications will be screened through CFMC for
- A high school transcript
- Resume of activities and interests, including honors, awards, and volunteer work.
- Summary of prior employment, if any
- Acceptance from an accredited college, university, or educational program
- Essay of 250 words or less on career goals
After CFMC has forwarded screened applications, the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee will set up individual interviews with the applicants and select the finalists to be announced in May and awarded their scholarships at our June luncheon. You can donate specifically to the Carmel Valley Women’s Club Foundation scholarship fund at click here. Potential scholarship recipients can apply at click here.
Our 2018 recipients can be found here
Conflict of Interest Policy:
Family members of directors, officers, and key employees of the Foundation or substantial contributors to the Foundation shall not be eligible to receive scholarship awards. For purposes of these scholarship policies and guidelines, "family member" shall mean any lineal descendant (e.g. any children's, grandchild, or great-grandchild, including adoptees), any spouse of a lineal descendent, or any stepchild.